[Scummvm-devel] Problem with some SCI games on WinCE port (and possibly other touchscreen-based ports)

Ismail Khatib ikhatib at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:21:08 CEST 2011

Hi all!
There was a problem reported with FPFP which probably also occurs on
other touchscreen-based ports (iPhone, NDS, etc.):
It's not really possible to position the cursor so close to the
display edge that the game switches to the next screen (Bug #3322945).
This problem is also present in some other SCI games such as SQ4 for
example.

My questions now are:
Is this problem also present in other touchscreen-based ports?
If not, how do you deal with this problem?
I thought about having something like a "snap to screen edge when x
pixels away from edge" function, but I fear that this will cause other
problems. What do you think?

Do you have some ideas how to fix this problem nicely without causing
other bugs?

Thanks,
Cerial