[Scummvm-devel] Towards a new release branch model

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 1 00:16:27 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 05:09:06PM -0500, Tarek Soliman wrote:
> If it is decided to be merged back to develop and there exists a better fix there, a conflict may happen and be resolved.
> If the fix isn't there yet then if/when it happens it will replace the first fix (hopefully in the same commit)
> Either way no explicit revert commit is needed.

I don't think this is a safe assumption, if I'm understanding you correctly.
Quick/hacky (e.g. ignoring an error or patching up data) and 'correct' fixes
aren't necessarily going to cause conflicts when merging, and we would need
explicit revert commits after merging in such situations, right..?

- fuzzie