[Scummvm-devel] Disabling windows console on buildbot builds (Was: consoles, warnings, errors and so forth)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jun 1 15:45:50 CEST 2011

[I'll reply to the rest later, let me just quickly address the urgent missing console bit right away]

Am 01.06.2011 um 15:11 schrieb A. Milburn:

[...]

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 02:42:50PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
>> If somebody here can tell me why exactly the console is off and how to re-enable it, please let me know. Even better, just implement the fix.
>
> LordHoto's comment on the forum was "Because the sdl-config script of the
> prebuilt SDL development files for MinGW does pass -mwindows to the linker".

I see. OK, so two solutions come to mind:

1) Modify the sdl-config script on buildbot to not add -mwindows

2) Modify our configure script to filter out -mwindows.

I tend towards option 1 right now, simply because it is the quickest and easiest to implement, and because I am not sure if some people  may not *want* to use -mwindows right now, and we should not force them to abandon it. But I am open to either approach, or a third one, if somebody can point one out.

It would be good to implement this before the next set of daily builds is made.