[Scummvm-devel] Merged branch-1-3-0 into master

Tarek Soliman tarek-spam at zeusmail.bounceme.net
Wed Jun 1 16:56:35 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 04:02:56PM +0200, A. Milburn wrote:

> But if the goal of this branching system is really to make history clearer,
> this kind of merging does not have that effect, imo - we now have a bunch
> of changes 'hidden' inside a merge commit.

Please help me understand how you feel the changes are hidden.
How are you looking at history? I use gitk (or tig from command line).
I see the history as clear as possible. The merge commit has 2 parents and it itself has some changes due to conflicts but those are listed in both the commit message and show up in the diff.

For a second I thought Max had done a --squish (svn-style merging)
--
Tarek