[Scummvm-devel] OSystem::displayLogFile()

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Fri Jun 3 17:08:34 CEST 2011

On 3 June 2011 15:21, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> Am 03.06.2011 um 15:06 schrieb Willem Jan Palenstijn:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 01:36:48PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
>>> I made a preliminary implementation of OSystem::displayLogFile(), for Mac OS
>>> X only. I hope others will add at least implementations for Windows and
>>> Linux. I hope the doxygen docs are clear enough for that, but if in doubt,
>>> ask.
>>
>> I don't have much experience with these desktop things on Linux, but could we
>> use xdg-open for this on Linux? I hope most modern distributions support that.
>
> Sounds plausible to me. Just go ahead and implement it (or get somebody else to do it, but it should be only a few lines anyway). Ideally, of course, also with some code that detects if xdg-open is available first. This way, fallbacks could be implemented.
>
> What about *BSD* systems? Do they also have xdg-open, or something similar?

For info xdg-open is not installed by default on my Linux distro at
work (CentOS) although there is a xdg-utils package to install it. I
have gnome-open and kfmclient (for gnome and kde respectively). I
can't comment on wether most recent distro have it or not by default,
but apparently not all of them do, so having a fallback would be good.

Thierry