[Scummvm-devel] MT-32 option causing crashes / silent exits in 1.3.0

Florian Kagerer athrxx at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 5 18:47:27 CEST 2011

I have now committed an attempt to fix this.

While I did as much testing as possible with certain engines (KYRA, some
SCUMM, some SCI) I might have overlooked something. It would be really neat
if you guys could try this with your own engine/platform (with or without
rom files).

You want to make sure not to attempt MT-32 detection in your engine if you
don't need one (e.g. for non-DOS versions of games), because this might
trigger unnecessary detection failure warnings.
This is something I noticed (and fixed) in KYRA where you would get notified
about a failed MT-32 detection attempt even when trying to start the PC-98
version of the game (which has its own dedicated audio tracks and doesn't
support any sort of MIDI).

Cheers,

Florian