[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Dreamweb engine inclusion.

Vladimir Menshakov whoozle at yandex.ru
Tue Jun 14 14:19:23 CEST 2011

-------- Пересылаемое сообщение  --------
14.06.2011, 13:44, "Vladimir Menshakov" <whoozle at yandex.ru>:

14.06.2011, 13:23, "A. Milburn" <fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net>;:

>  On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 01:04:43PM +0400, Vladimir Menshakov wrote:
>>   I tested both CD and floppy version, they both could be completed and have no visual artefacts or glitches. Both save/loading are supported.
>  It works very very well, I am quite amazed - I played through most of the
>  game on big-endian already.

Thank you!

>>   So, I think that it's ready for inclusion in the main tree, so we could continue polish it there, as well as adding launcher integration and cleaning generated source from warnings.
>  So do you think you're done regenerating the source now? :) I found one
>  bug so far, and if we're going to need more regenerations, I guess cleaning

Please send me the details and then I'll fix it. You should never modify dreamgen.xxx, because changes will be definitely lost. There will be no point in the future when I could say: "this is final source".
I know that exiting from dialogue before its end is triggering the assertion. This will be fixed soon.

If you want to replace some function or something, you need to blacklist them in tasmrecover script, then regenerate the sources. Translator will skip specified functions.
But I don't think that there's any point in doing this, except wasting your time.
Rewritten source will be less stable and as you say below, this is *definitely* long-term project (at least one year or so). I didn't have neither time or motivation for doing this.

-------- Завершение пересылаемого сообщения --------