[Scummvm-devel] Daily/nightly Win32 builds

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Wed Jun 15 15:05:47 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

a while ago the nightly build for Windows 32 bit was dropped as the maintainer Kirben left.

I suggested that a friend of mine could take over building them automatically (and he was not just "some friend" but he has already worked with me on the German GUI translation). I need to apologize for recommending him as he seems illoyal and unreliable.

I also noticed that the Buildbot actually strip the scummvm.exe to make its size smaller. You came up with the objection that some debugging features would be lost. Then I dropped the matter as I was busy.

I read in the forum that Kirben gave the scripts to the team that he used to create the Windows version with its installer etc.
Did anything come out of it?

For me personally it would be sufficient if the buildbot was set up to make one stripped build and one unstripped build. Due to my internet traffic limit I'm dependent on small builds. 44 MB are quite much to download when it could be ~ 2 MB. That's why I ask if it is possible to get smaller builds as they serve me for testing out recent changes to ScummVM here and there.

Kind regards
Simon Sawatzki