[Scummvm-devel] Dreamweb engine inclusion.

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Jun 16 14:54:36 CEST 2011

Hi again!

Am 16.06.2011 um 14:19 schrieb Vladimir Menshakov:

> 16.06.2011, 15:24, "Max Horn" <max at quendi.de>:
>> Hi again!
>>
>> I am glad to see that some of my suggestions were already implemented, and very quickly, too. I hope I'll also get replies to my questions then :).
> The binary blob in the src is generated from the assembler source. If you insist, we could move it into .dat file, but I think that code for loading this fill will cost us the same kilos :)
> Anyway I'd prefer to do it later than sooner, because it will require another step to run engine. (Copying .dat into place).
> I could annotated it with printable character dump, as 'hexdump' does.

Putting this into a .dat file was not really what I had in mind -- instead, I was wondering whether this data is also like this in the original source? Or is it maybe there presented as a sequence of ASM "db" statements for various "variables", function tables, etc., possibly even annotated with comments?
If so, it would be sooo much nicer if the annotation could be transferred. I.e. instead of a blob like

	static const uint8 src[] = {
		0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x1e, 0x13, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
we would have

	static const uint8 src[] = {
		// Value FOO
		0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
		// Jump table used by BAR
		0x1e, 0x13, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00,
		// unknown
		0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,

>> And a fix for the implicit conversion warnings like
>>
>> engines/dreamweb/dreamgen.cpp: In function ‘void dreamgen::soldier1(dreamgen::Context&)’:
>> engines/dreamweb/dreamgen.cpp:812: warning: negative integer implicitly converted to unsigned type
> As you may see, I'm working on reducing warning's count. :)

Glad to hear / see :)

[...]

>> There are still various code formatting issues. E.g.:
>>   while(context.cx--) context._stosw();
>> This should be two line:
>>   while(context.cx--)
>>     context._stosw();
> Ok, I've already added grouping for consequtive stos/movs commands, so I could simply pass cx into _stosb(cx); and replace all rep movs/stos instructions

Great :)

Bye,