[Scummvm-devel] Dreamweb code (+ general ScummVM focus/vision)

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Mon Jun 20 07:15:46 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-20 05:40, Vladimir Menshakov wrote:

> Who do you want to reimplement this engines? What's wrong with robot reimplementing the engine?
> What if I replace gotos with while/do and register names with locals. Will it be "proper" reimplementation?

That is pretty much what I imagined when I was talking about cleaning up
the code and making it more maintainable. The main downside to me with
the auto-translated code is that it is often hard (for me, at least) to
tell the input, the output and the local variables of a function apart.

I don't think anyone was suggesting rewriting the whole thing from
scratch. Just getting the current code into a more human-readable state.

Torbjörn Andersson