[Scummvm-devel] New engine merging procedure proposal

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Jun 20 09:44:28 CEST 2011

On 20 June 2011 01:59, Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at scummvm.org> wrote:
> - We should require the engine authors to have their engine on github in a
> ScummVM fork before it even has a chance to be merged.
Yes, this is one of the great advantages brought by github.

> - When the authors want their engine to be merged into the main trunk they
> should make both a pull request on github with a good description on the
> engine state etc. and a mail to -devel to at *least* notify everyone about the
> pull request.
I would say, to have an up to date relevant Wiki page on our Wiki.

> - Then we should at least wait two weeks before merging the engine/making the
> final decision on whether to merge the engine or not. This will give everyone
> the chance to raise their voice on the engine after reviewing the changes.
I would say: 2 weeks or earlier when the all known active core
developers voiced their opinion and there are no open issues.
Otherwise it would be just a pointless delay.

> - Next I would like to see that every new engine needs a *public* OK from all
> our team leaders. This should help in agreeing on a consensus.
Yes, the team leader 'aye' was always the case since <ahem> RAW.

Eugene