[Scummvm-devel] Dreamweb code (+ general ScummVM focus/vision)

Vladimir Menshakov whoozle at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 20 10:36:07 CEST 2011

> So, *if* we included code like this, then I really would like to take full advanage of our possibilities. And that includes making the code readable and debugable.
Readable for who I might ask? Most of the developers already have all necessary skills(x86 assembly and running python scripts). This is one-game engine, so it will not have much regressions or bugs I guess, as touche or teenagent. I never see people fixing bugs in teenagent, and I doubt that many people will fix bugs in dreamweb. All this generator thing draws too much attention. :(
> The generator currently still does not produce code that is warning free for me. And as for clean... ;). Well, if I knew the generator was going to improve considerably, *and* if I knew I was "allowed" to recode particular terrible functions: That would mitigate most of my worries, I guess.
Anyone can rewrite any function by blacklisting it. Or remove part of the assembly into function and blacklist it. Honestly, I cannot provide any information about future plans of generator improvements, because it could be rather complicated task.