[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Found cause for translation problem

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Mon Jun 20 13:02:15 CEST 2011

This sounds like https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/31 .

> If so this is an issue for the translators as they cannot test their
> translations without submitting it first and waiting for the daily
> build to be available (or compile it themselves). This is sub-optimal
> (see also the email below). Would it be possible to at least give
> precendence to an external translations.dat file if it is available?

Two random related remarks:

OSystem_Win32::addSysArchivesToSearchSet() is probably ignoring priority by
accident rather than design?

archive.h says about the SearchSet priority order:
	// Add an archive keeping the list sorted by ascending priorities.

archive.cpp says about the same function:
	Keep the nodes sorted according to descending priorities.

I'm not sure what the optimal search order here should be, but I agree that it
is bad if you can't override the built-in files.

-Willem Jan