[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Found cause for translation problem

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 14:11:23 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

> This sounds like https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/31 .

I personally think there should be an option in the configure file to switch this on or off - and it should be switched off by default. As I figure it, it would be much more handy if ScummVM is flexible and theme data could be modified manually without having to recompile ScummVM each time.

Somebody might also want to test out changes on other things than the translation, for example he might experiment with the theme design.
Also, when having external files anyway, I think it's a pretty waste of space when saving this data into the executable anyway. Somebody might not even want to have translations (for example due to size, performance of slower machine...). Before this pulling request, people could just delete the translations.dat, now they are stuck in the scummvm.exe.

In short: I think the suggestion I made in the first phrase would be best and it could keep everybody happy.

Regards
Simon