[Scummvm-devel] Dreamweb code (+ general ScummVM focus/vision)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Mon Jun 20 15:38:28 CEST 2011

> So the point is that *you want me to reimplement the game*. Or who? The
> code now opensource. Go on. As I said before I have neither time or
> motivation doing that.

No I didn't say at all that you should work on it. I just said someone
interested in dreamweb should(/could) work on it. On the other hand this
discussion shows exactly why I am against merging code like dreamweb.

If we now get similar code from other people who do not want to work on making
it up to our standards, they can always point at dreamweb and how we still
accepted it. And they might also say that we should do all the work to make us
happy then... This is particulary terrible, since I do not see why we would
want to add code on which nobody has any interest to work on to make it
conform with our standards.

// Johannes