[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Found cause for translation problem

LionsPhil lionsphil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:34:49 CEST 2011

On 20/06/2011 19:14, Max Horn wrote:
> If somebody can demonstrat problems on a real system that are caused
> by embedding data files into the .exe, then we can discuss how to deal
> with them.

Assuming the (reasonable) priority change is made, is there a risk that
users who use the no-installer ZIP distribution of ScummVM by
extract-overwriting their old copy may end up leaving old files around
which then get interpreted as overrides?

That is, if 1.2 shipped resource.foo, and 1.3 moved it into the exe *and
no longer ships the file*, a simple extract-overwrite will leave
resource.foo behind, and outdated, and overriding 1.3's internal
resource.foo.

I don't know if this is common enough to worry about since SF's file
tracker is showing 0 downloads for all Windows packages for me(!).

Phil