[Scummvm-devel] Release 1.3.0 status - 2011-05-16

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:48:48 CEST 2011

On 29.6.2011 10:13, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
> Um, excuse me, I understand your anger

There is no anger.

> got for this port is in form of a patch against 1.1.0 in
> /backends/platform/maemo.

False again. Every release of scummvm source has separate patch
included. Also every tagged release in svn had this patch too in
backends/platform/maemo , 1.2.1 is the last one as I missed 1.3.0 deadline

It is only the trunk that has no patch because it makes no sense. It
would be outdated and broken with any major change done in trunk. How
often am I supposed to update it?

> It seems that we could automate its build process with buildbot too,
> right? What kind of toolchain is required for this port?

see scratchbox.org, Maemo has no supported cross-compiler in the normal
sense. It could work in theory but it is not done this way. Maemo
autobuilder installs whole scratchbox virtual environment (like chroot
but not exactly chroot, there is some additional magic) from scratch,
then pulls and install all source dependencies and then builds the
package and throws everything out.

For example see
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fremantle/scummvm_1.2.0/armel.root.log.OK.txt
- log  of scratchbox root fs installation for scummvm build

https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fremantle/scummvm_1.2.0/armel.build.log.OK.txt
- log of scummvm build itself

>> better than all this guesswork and accusations. Also CCing me would be nice
>> too, it is really not hard to figure out who are 'the people who build
>> this'.
>
> You are supposed to be subscribed to scummvm-devel, so why should you be
> specifically CCed here?

Because that would be nice and polite thing to do? Especially when
starting uninformed flamewar ;-)

BTW, I am subscribed to scummvm-devel. I just don't read it every day.
For any Maemo related stuff it is better to CC me. I guess it is same
for any other porter who is not core developer.

Frantisek