[Scummvm-devel] MDT_PREFER_MT32 and MDT_PREFER_GM

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:38:24 CET 2011

Slight update on this... after the discussion in September 2010, there was a
commit for this:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/commit/0db700a3dced67c607c9e9719ea22347612ead40

<https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/commit/0db700a3dced67c607c9e9719ea22347612ead40>I
deleted my settings file, which left everything at default in the Audio tab,
"Don't use
General MIDI music" in the MIDI tab and "Don't use Roland MT-32 music" in
the
MT-32 tab. Still, with these settings, the following piece of code returns
MT-32
for musicType:

uint32 deviceFlags = MDT_PCSPK | MDT_PCJR | MDT_ADLIB | MDT_MIDI |
MDT_PREFER_MT32;
uint32 dev = MidiDriver::detectDevice(deviceFlags);
MusicType _musicType = MidiDriver::getMusicType(dev);

That shouldn't happen... with the aforementioned default settings in the
GUI, it
should return MT_ADLIB...

Regards
Filippos

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde