[Scummvm-devel] Status of ScummVM Android port

A Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 3 14:45:42 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 02:22:20PM +0100, Andre Heider wrote:
> comparing it to a nighly, i'd say we're closing in ;) the missing big
> thing is an overhaul of the input system.

I have been testing the nightlies after Andre's changes on a few different
Android devices and it seems to work quite well now.

> the main package is marked as "Requires Android: 1.5 - 1.6", while all
> engine plugins read "1.5 and up".

To be clear - the real problem here is that the Market has a very old version
of ScummVM, and no-one can update that except Gus? And even updating it to
the 1.2.1 version would still be a pretty bad user experience, without Andre's
fixes, due to things like the threading issues with BASS and the issues with
engines providing nonsense focus rectangles.

- Alyssa