[Scummvm-devel] Status of ScummVM Android port

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Mar 3 15:17:36 CET 2011

Am 03.03.2011 um 14:45 schrieb A Milburn:

> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 02:22:20PM +0100, Andre Heider wrote:
>> comparing it to a nighly, i'd say we're closing in ;) the missing big
>> thing is an overhaul of the input system.
>
> I have been testing the nightlies after Andre's changes on a few different
> Android devices and it seems to work quite well now.

Great to hear that. And many thanks to Andre for the status update and his recent work :).

>> the main package is marked as "Requires Android: 1.5 - 1.6", while all
>> engine plugins read "1.5 and up".
>
> To be clear - the real problem here is that the Market has a very old version
> of ScummVM, and no-one can update that except Gus?

This is really bad then. We should always try to avoid a bus factor of 1 for critical resources. Indeed, we try to make sure that for everything, at least two people have access.

I am not familiar with the Android Market, but would it be possible to register a "ScummVM Team" vendor account or something like that, for which the "keys" are shared between some key personnel (e.g. Angus, Andre, and the team leads; the latter for backup) ? How is the current ScummVM version distributed, is it on a personal account by Gus, or what?

> And even updating it to
> the 1.2.1 version would still be a pretty bad user experience, without Andre's
> fixes, due to things like the threading issues with BASS and the issues with
> engines providing nonsense focus rectangles.

Well, seems we need to get a new release out soon then ;).

Maybe it would even make sense to backport the recent changes to the 1.2.x branch ? Or are the differences too big ? (THe recent palette RGBA -> RGB changes come to mind a blocker, but other than that... ?)

Bye,