[Scummvm-devel] Google Summer of Code 2011 Participation

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Sat Mar 19 10:04:07 CET 2011

All,

As Eugene already mentioned we have been selected as a mentoring
organisation for this year's Google Summer of Code program
(http://www.google-melange.com/).

This is the fifth year ScummVM has participated in the program and we really
would like to make it one of our best.

Prospective Students:

With that in mind we would encourage any prospective students to start
thinking about applications as soon as possible (don't wait till the last
minute to apply, it pays to apply early, revise your application as you go
and get involved with the community).
The deadline for applications is April 8th at 19:00 UTC. You can view the
complete timeline for the program at
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/tim
eline.

You can find a wealth of information on our GSoC wiki pages
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code and particularly from the
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/OpenTasks page.

The open tasks page outlines some of the larger tasks we would like students
to look at but you're very free to propose your own task, group tasks
together or tackle items from our TODO lists.
If you have an idea that fits into the 12 week work window * that you think
it will enhance ScummVM we really want to hear from you.

The best ways to contact the project are via this mailing list or IRC
(#scummvm on FreeNode).

* (Check
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faq
s#eligibility for details on eligibility for GSoC).

Mentors:

As mentioned, we really need to do a little more review on the task list and
be ready to turn round student questions as quickly as possible.
Can I also ask any stragglers who fancy volunteering to mentor (or have
great tasks ideas) make themselves known to Eugene or myself as soon as
possible?

Regards,

John Willis

--

> What is a grue?

The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth.
Its favourite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered
by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and
few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.