[Scummvm-devel] Scraping Detection Entries

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon May 2 13:17:49 CEST 2011

Am 02.02.2011 um 15:19 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:07:03 -0500
> Alex Bevilacqua <alexbevi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since I recently updated the engines list on the wiki, I was kind of
>> curious if there was anything missing. I figured the best way to do
>> this would be to scrape all the engine detection files to see what
>> the various entries are.
> Ha!
>
> I always dreamed of building something similar to MAME compatibility
> chart (http://mamedev.org/mame_chart_0128.png) with enlisted both game
> entries and variants. You just drew me closer to this goal :)

Did anything ever happen with that? Maybe it would be a nice entry for our TODO page? Not really an essential feature, granted, but a fun one, and maybe somebody out there is interested? Could plot the number of supported "gameids" vs. the number of actual detection entries (at least for engines using the advanced detector). If a script is there which can automatically compute these numbers, one could run it over all releases, and possible some extra points, and then with just some extra work, create a cool graph like the one Eugene linked.

Bye,