[Scummvm-devel] Status of the Win32 Port/NSIS Installer

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 21:27:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was hoping that someone involved with the NSIS pull request
discussion would have already addressed this issue on the mailing
list, but alas, there has been none since last week. A week has passed
since Littleboy submitted his NSIS pull request on Github and the
following argument with our then-Win32 maintainer, yet nothing has
been said since about it. I'm very disappointed, to say the least.

In addition, the prior discussion regarding the NSIS on -devel did not
really show favor toward one installer script over another. LordHoto's
final e-mail from April 30 even went unnoticed its seems.

Now that Kirben has regrettably left the project, who is maintaining
the Win32 port? We have a release coming up soon and we have no one
slated to build a Win32 binary. Or at least no one has publicly been
named the new porter. Nor has Kirben been marked in the credits as
'retired'.

Perhaps no one cares enough? Perhaps the real issue is that the
ScummVM team once again has problems with communication?

-Matt