[Scummvm-devel] Cross-Compiling issues

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Sat May 7 18:16:05 CEST 2011

On 05/07/2011 05:41 PM, Klaus Reimer wrote:
> Another thing I don't understand is why this only affects the plugins.
> The ScummVM binary itself works. Only the plugins can't be loaded. And
> when I compile ScummVM without the "--default-dynamic" parameter then
> everything works fine.

And it just happened again... Just after writing this long mail I found
it myself. Must be the psychiatrist effect. Talking about the problem
always helps ;-)

There is a PLUGIN_LDFLAGS in the configure script which is configured
separately. I used the same "linux*" configuration for "webos" and a
non-cross-compiled linux only needs "-shared" here. I'm going to split
this section so WebOS has it's own one and then use "-shared $LDFLAGS".
Doing it like this gets rid of all these ABI and GCC version problems.

Now it still fails with a new error message I have to investigate:
undefined symbol: __bswapsi2
Have to google this one first. But just in case someone already has an
idea how to fix this, please let me know.

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]