[Scummvm-devel] Cross-Compiling issues

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon May 9 14:18:55 CEST 2011

Am 08.05.2011 um 17:19 schrieb Klaus Reimer:

> On 05/08/2011 12:21 AM, Andre Heider wrote:
>> using the libgcc/libstdc++ versions which ship with webos v1 devices
>> has advantages. most likely every binary on the device depends on
>> libgcc, and alot on libstdc++.
>
> I only have to statically link to libgcc. libstdc++ isn't an issue
> anymore after setting PLUGIN_LDFLAGS correctly.
>
> But I found another solution: Upgrading the toolchain to GCC 4.5. I
> tried several toolchains and all Code Sourcery toolchains using GCC 4.3
> or GCC 4.4 had this __bswapsi2 problem. Toolchains using GCC 4.5 are
> working.

I wonder if the __bswapsi2 is referenced due to our special "swap" code in common/endian.h ? If you edit that file and remove all but the "generic" implementations of SWAP_BYTES_32 / SWAP_BYTES_16, does that resolve the problem, too?

> This new toolchain now spits out some assertions at the end of the
> compilation (And I guess this is again a bug in the toolchain) but this
> situation is much better than having hundreds of warnings everywhere.

Depends: Does it generate working code before asserting out? If not, that seems pretty much useless, too ;).

> This newer toolchain also displays some real warnings (Or notes) like
> this for example:
>
> gui/console.cpp:670:5: note: the mangling of 'va_list' has changed in
> GCC 4.4

I wonder if that means that calling the vs(n)printf function in the C libraries (which, as I understand, where compiled using an older GCC version?) might break?

> I'm going to update the buildbot toolchain to this newer version.

OK... it's your port, if you think that's the best course of action, let's do it :)