[Scummvm-devel] Cross-Compiling issues

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Mon May 9 14:42:36 CEST 2011

On 05/09/2011 02:18 PM, Max Horn wrote:
> I wonder if the __bswapsi2 is referenced due to our special "swap"
> code in common/endian.h ? If you edit that file and remove all but
> the "generic" implementations of SWAP_BYTES_32 / SWAP_BYTES_16, does
> that resolve the problem, too?

I'll try it out later.

> Depends: Does it generate working code before asserting out? If not,
> that seems pretty much useless, too ;).

ScummVM works even with these assertions. But it doesn't matter anymore.
The assertions are gone. I had to recompile the third-party libraries
with the new toolchain, too.

I also fixed the four remaining library-not-found-warnings by following
a tip provided by Palm. So the webOS port is now "fully green" in buildbot.

> I wonder if that means that calling the vs(n)printf function in the C
> libraries (which, as I understand, where compiled using an older GCC
> version?) might break?

Hm... Haven't noticed any problems at runtime so far... But now you
managed to frighten me, thanks ;-) I'll investigate further if this can
cause issues. Yes, the libraries on WebOS 1 were compiled with GCC 4.2
while the libs on WebOS 2 were compiled with GCC 4.3.

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]