[Scummvm-devel] Demo hosting disruption

Robert Megone robert at robertmegone.com
Thu May 12 08:46:44 CEST 2011

> Hi Robert,
> since the demos are still down, I'd like to renew the offer to host (or mirror) them on the ScummVM webspace, specifically on demos.scummvm.org. While the rsync approach that was suggested in the past likely won't work to sync the sites (AFAIK there is no rsync daemon running on our webserver, and we don't have free shell access to it either), various other options exist; since the demos don't change subtly, simply comparing file sizes should work. Many FTP clients provide a simple "mirror" or "sync" option, for example. E.g. lftp does.
>
> Of course you would get full FTP write access, too.
>
> Cheers,
> Max

Hi Max/ScummVM Team,

Absolutely, this seems like the perfect opportunity to start a mirror.

The demos are currently 5.85 GB.

I am happy to begin uploading whenever you can provide me access.

As an update, I am currently searching for a suitable alternative
host, it is not easy to find unlimited bandwidth and storage at an
affordable price :)

Kind regards.

Robert Megone