[Scummvm-devel] LUA on WinCE and PS2

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:09:13 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Ismail Khatib <ikhatib at gmail.com> wrote:

I have checked the current compilation problem of the WinCE branch
> yesterday, and again I have a question about how to handle this.
> Compilation fails with "error: 'tmpfile' was not declared in this scope"
> because tmpfile() is not available on WinCE. Should this problem be
> adressed in the engine, or in the port's backend?
> I'm asking this again in this special case because one could say
> "tmpfile()" _is_ (if its not WinCE) normally portable, because it should
> be defined in (c)stdio(.h) and it's also (AFAIK) part of ISO C/POSIX.
>
> Hm. Now when I think about this a bit longer, this could also be said
> about "errno" and friends. So what to do? Is this again a case for the
> engine maintainer?
>
> Regards,
> Cerial

As far as I'm aware, the game doesn't actually use that function - it's just
part of the LUA library. So we've got two options - either provide a dummy
prototype so it'll compile okay, or directly modify the LUA code to comment
out the call. I would lean towards the former, so as to keep the LUA code as
pristine as possible. Although changing it in the code means it would be
fixed for all other systems as well.

Paul.