[Scummvm-devel] Release 1.3.0 status - 2011-05-16

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Tue May 17 15:34:05 CEST 2011

Hi again,

I don't understand what's wrong with cross-compiling and having it done by someone new. Are you afraid of new team members who might eventually be involved in decisions?

I think it would be nice to have a daily/nightly build again for Win32. The problem with buildbot is that the binaries are very large - 80 MB per file is quite much if you have a traffic limit like I do have with my internet connection. Thus the binaries should be stripped with "strip scummvm.exe". My friend is already capable of doing it with his cross-compiled bundle.
But maybe someone could set up the buildbot to do the stripping itself and then link to the build on the download page? Though we would still have the installer missing this way.

If Filippos is doing the offcial release compiling this time, then fine by me.
I just think that the nightly build should not die because of bureaucratics and long argumentation for and against it. After all, how should someone gain your trust if you don't give him the chance to gain your trust? (This logic sounds rather women-like to me. :) )

Kind regards
Simon