[Scummvm-devel] Engine and game pages on the wiki

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue May 24 10:00:58 CEST 2011

Am 22.05.2011 um 14:49 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Thierry Crozat <criezy at scummvm.org> writes:
>
>> 2) Add a Games/Engines level in the page names. For example the Foo engine and game pages would be respectively Engines/Foo and Games/Foo instead of being just Foo for both.
>
> A more light-weight version of this would be to do what Wikipedia
> does:  If (and only if) there is a collission between engine name and
> game name, call the pages "Foo (Engine)" and "Foo (Game)".  "Foo"
> would then be a page which just links to the other two.
>
> If having two separate pages is even meaningful in the case of a
> single-game engine that is...

I tend to agree with Marcus on both counts, esp. the second: Does it really make sense to have two pages for TeenAgent? Nothing prevents us from having a page in two categories, and with two "info templates" in it, right?

Alas, this is really minor tidbits, in the end, any of the proposed ways is fine by me.

For me *personally*, it would actually be preferable to call the engine "Teen", by the way (and rename the engines/ subdir accordingly): When writing commit messages, "TEEN: " is so much less typing effort, and leaves so much more space for the rest of the one-line commit summary... :)  Can we rename "LASTEXPRESS" to "LAST" and "PARALLACTION" to "PARA", please ? (Yes, I *am* joking, but only half ;).