[Scummvm-devel] Release 1.3.0 status - 2011-05-16

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:54:26 CEST 2011

On 24.5.2011 12:22, Max Horn wrote:
> Yes, there *is* great harm done, because that would violate the GPL once again.

Maemo uses normal debian repositories and uses autobuilder so there is a
full source for published binary which is used to build the binaries

binaries
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/fremantle/free/s/scummvm/
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/diablo/free/s/scummvm/

sources
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/fremantle/free/source/s/scummvm/
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/diablo/free/source/s/scummvm/

or check the autobuilder page with all links
http://maemo.org/packages/view/scummvm/

And BTW the sources there are not 1:1 copies of published scummvm.org
sources. There are slight differences in build scripts for specific OS
versions (compiler flags, debian package dependencies, ...) to satisfy
Maemo autobuilder for specific OS version.

The patch commited to scummvm.org is used (as is, according to procedure
described in scummvm README) to build 'universal' binary published at
scummvm.org. This binary is statically linked to some libraries so it
works across all maemo devices and is thus a bit suboptimal due to
bigger size and lowest common compiler flags. Preferred source of
scummvm package for Maemo devices is Maemo repository relevant to
specific Maemo version (just like with Ubuntu/Debian/Redhat or other
distributions).

I definitely think having Maemo build on scummvm.org pages is great. I
just said there is no _big_ harm done this time if you want to go ahead
with tagging and do not wait for me. I really don't want to delay the
release just because I missed the deadline (which is my fault).

Frantisek