[Scummvm-devel] Towards a new release branch model

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon May 30 23:31:10 CEST 2011

Hi Max,

I think you skipped over the most important point in fuzzie's questions:
How do we handle bugs which get "quick fixes" on the release branch,
and more thorough fixes on "trunk".  Do we immediately merge the quick
fix and then revert it ("reverse cherry-picking") before making the
thorough fix, or do we make the fixes in parallel and get a conflict
when later merging the quick fix (or worse, _not_ getting a conflict
and potentially have two fixes for the same thing)?

Btw, if everything from release branches get merged back, then you
can't put "releasification" things on release branches (for example
disabling of serial port output in the DC port), so such things need
to be controlled by --enable-release instead.  I seem to recall there
were some problems with using this flag for additional things, but
maybe that's been fixed with the restructuring of the configure
script?

  // Marcus