[Scummvm-devel] Re : Dreamweb for 1.5.0?

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 13 23:11:19 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:56:55PM +0100, A. Milburn wrote:
> At a glance it seems *much* improved after your work. But I think this
> argument about porting the engine to C++ is hiding the larger issue, which
> is that it's unmaintainable as it is, and the unmaintainable code is stuff
> like the actual event/UI/etc code which we want to be able to maintain and
> improve, so that the ScummVM experience is much better than just running
> the original engine in dosbox.

I should say - fixing all of that is maybe not essential. But I think it's
worth some more technical consideration of the external quality rather than
just saying it should be fine to end-users. I should be trying to fix the
annoying issues I had, but the code is *really* unfriendly to poke at, and
I have a list of issues in other supported engines to prod at first.

> I don't think that should be a consideration. Our project goal is not to
> have lots of engines, it's to provide a good, portable experience for

Our project goal is not *only* to have lots of engines, I should say!

- fuzzie