[Scummvm-devel] Re : Re : Dreamweb for 1.5.0?

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 14 09:40:19 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 01:09:12AM +0000, Bertrand Augereau wrote:
> First, the scumm save/load UI works very well, thanks to wjp. The question
> about the default was in the air at the time :)

Sure, I'm just noting that I didn't try the ScummVM one because it's not
the standard option. If we made it the standard option then it'd presumably
fix these things. Comments, anyone? :)

Being integrated with the GMM save system or at least having an autosave
option would also help the mobile experience in the future (since it's
pretty annoying losing all your progress when ScummVM is killed because you
got an incoming phone call and ran out of RAM trying to look things up or
similar).

> We probably can improve the external quality drastically without porting
> the whole engine first.

Sure.

> The main problem (I should have stated this before, by the way) is that we
> still don't know if the many international, CD/floppy on the planet are
> completable too, and we can only do this with users testing I think.

I think Strangerke was planning to make a public request for Blue Force
testing now that we have buildbot building master builds again - maybe
you'd like to ask for something similar?

- fuzzie