[Scummvm-devel] engine names

A. Milburn fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 18 13:36:42 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:18:46PM +0000, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:
> With a couple of new single-game engines approaching completeness, I'd like to
> poll what you think about their engine names. Specifically, is there any good
> reason why CGE isn't called Soltys, and why Picture isn't called Toltecs?

The names are exposed to end-users in various places; particularly relevant
for me is the plugin names, where users get confused enough as it is. If we
don't rename the engines then it would be nice to have an official mapping
of engine -> user-friendly name, although I also don't see the point in the
added level of indirection which seems to only have practical disadvantages.

- fuzzie