[Scummvm-devel] Little overview of the current situation

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Sat Nov 19 13:48:15 CET 2011

Le 18 nov. 2011 à 11:34, Arnaud Boutonné a écrit :
> Hi team,

Hi Arnaud

> - CGE: Dreammaster and I worked on the sources provided by LK Avalon. nutron, Digitall and Thomas Jannes worked on polishing the English translation. I also added manually some accentuated characters to the font file, just in case some people want to do translations for other languages in the future.. criezy started a translation to French. As LK Avalon has given us the green light for freewaring the game, I discretely uploaded the game data files here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/extras/ , and links will be added to our download page when the test period is announced.

We might want to also make a call for translations  (e.g. a post on the forum and a news item) for that game, and at the same time also make one for draci. But it would be good beforehand to have clear written instructions on the wiki on how to do that. I can write those for Soltys since I have them on a piece of paper on my desk anyway. And it would be good to also know which languages are already supported and are in the pipe and which other ones could be supported by the current fonts used by those two games (e.g. I'm guessing a Russian translation of Soltys would need a different font file).

> Last, but not least, Criezy is working on a WikiMedia update improving user experience on our wiki. The announcement will follow, of course.

The update to mediawiki 1.17 will not make a huge difference for the user (they might not even notice it), so I don't think we need to make an announcement for that. But my plan was to make a call for a volunteer to write a skin adapted for small screens (mostly for mobile devices). We could of course mention in the same post that mediawiki has been updated. I was thinking of writing that next week-end after the update, but I have no issue waiting longer if you prefer to spread the announcements over several weeks.

Thierry