[Scummvm-devel] engine names

Eugene Sandulenko sev.mail at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:45:46 CET 2011

As it was always in the past, we prefer to use original engine name. The inly exceptions to those are Revolution games which historically have their names in ScummVM. I would really like that to stay as it is now.

However if you like to rename picture engine into toltecs, I have no strong objections as the name is quite ambiguous. As of soltys, let it stay CGE.

Speaking of mapping, as it was pointed out, the users are game-oriented anyway, and if someone needs to kiosk it up, our wiki is a good and reliable source of such information.

Eugene