[Scummvm-devel] GUI options/layout/etc

Arnaud Boutonné arnaud.boutonne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:31:18 CET 2011

Hi fuzzie,

I'll quickly summarize the opinions I expressed on IRC:
- I agree for the 'extra options' tab. I guess we'll get the best of it the
day we have a dynamic layout, so that we may also add game-specific options
(such as the BASS alternative intro, for example)
- Your searches about the output rate combo-box make it sound like it's
completely useless for users (if not at all) nowadays. It would be great
that someone tells the opposite and clarifies the situation
- For the 'Music' tab, as I'm not a purist, I have nothing to object. Maybe
a mockup screen is the next step?

I also wonder if we wouldn't benefit in introducing a 'standard' and an
'expert' mode we could use to hide some more complex options which confuse
users.

Best regards,
Arnaud