[Scummvm-devel] GUI options/layout/etc

Hubert Maier raziel_nosgoth at web.de
Fri Nov 25 08:54:02 CET 2011

Hi devs,

>>  We seem to default to 22khz on desktop platforms, something which
>> dates  back in commit history to the first sound support. Can we
>> not default  to 44khz on backends which can reasonably handle that
>> and don't just  ignore the config anyway, and otherwise leave this
>> as a fairly obscure  config option?
> We need doublecheck that Adlib, MT32 and other emulators,
> particularly Amiga ones in SCUMM engine behave correctly with
> 44kHz. They used to have problems with it.

I hope i can help with my observations here.
Due to me using to have only Amiga versions of the most earliest Scumm
engine games i can say that i never had any problems with the 44 kHz
setting. In fact i was setting it to this from the first day i
encountered it in the gui.
So, no problems on the latest range of hardware for me there

Another thing that i'd like to release is a change/adaption of some of
the sliders.
Ok, i know this is mainly a discussion and concept of how to make the
gui user friendlier, but while we are at it, would it be possible if
someone could take a look to change this?

It's mainly a GUI request and i thought if some devs are already in that
pit, hey could grab some more loot :-)
GUI: Possibility to have 1-step slider control
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=418823&aid=3107574&group_id=37116

Thank you for ScummVM :-)

Ciao

Hubert