[Scummvm-devel] WebOS and Buildbot

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 27 21:47:18 CET 2011

On 11/27/11 20:00, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> D G Turner <d.g.turner at ntlworld.com> writes:
>
>> True, but the toolchain is supplied precompiled from HP... and AFAIK
>> we have no support from them/instructions/source repository/patchset for
>> creating it from source code, unless Klaus knows anything?
>
> They have to supply it in source form, or else they are in violation
> of the GPL.
>
>   // Marcus

Shrug. IANAL, but as far as I know correct, but that is not useful.

I can't find any references to source code for or building the PDK's
arm-gcc toolchain in any of the following relevant places:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compiling_ScummVM/WebOS
https://developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/sdk_pdk_download.html
https://developer.palm.com/content/api/release-notes/3.0.4-669.html
http://opensource.palm.com/3.0.4/index.html
https://github.com/palm

However, this may be because it is just a stock (arm-none-linux-gnueabi)
arm-gcc toolchain with GCC-4.3.3, but I'm not sure of the binutils
version or the exact gcc version. Without this and some guidelines from
HP/Palm, I would be concerned that rolling our own "unofficial" arm-gcc
for this could result in some nasty subtle bugs, though I would also
prefer a fully open built toolchain for this...

Anyway, I have already indicated in my initial message, the ways to fix
this so we can restore builds with the "official" PDK release v3.0.4
i.e. 1. upgrade buildbot box OS/glibc to 2.8+ and
     2. modify WebOS backend to allow builds to fallback to V2.0 API
        if V3.0 is not present.
--
Thanks,
David Turner