[Scummvm-devel] KYRA - Eye of the Beholder extension

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 30 09:31:39 CET 2011

I'm also for merging this code.

Florian has covered most of the talking points already here to avoid a
lengthy argument, but one point I'd like to add as to why I'm
"inclusionist" on this and other engines which have extended support
for non-adventure games.

If we exclude engines regularly, we encourage our userbase towards using
unofficial builds from third-parties, which is IMHO more of a
support/maintenance headache for developers i.e. bug reports on unknown
code, than just having the code in tree, where we can fix it.

However, this should be done on a case-by-case basis with code review
etc. prior to merging. LordHoto's engine merging procedure which is now
on the wiki covers all these points, and since the EoB subengine looks
to be in good shape with the games completable, merging this should not
be an issue.

--
Thanks,
David Turner