[Scummvm-devel] KYRA - Eye of the Beholder extension

Florian Kagerer mail at floriankagerer.de
Wed Nov 30 14:22:04 CET 2011

> I don't think binary size is completely irrelevant for everyone except
> a few porters, either. It increases our download sizes, and disabling
> it in certain ports solely for size reasons means that we're not really
> 'supporting' a game. (I don't think it's needed here anyway.)
>
> There is the option of merging it and then simply never making it
> supported, of course. It would allow maintenance of the combined Kyra
> code in a single tree, while not burdening the project with the work of
> having to actually keep supporting/maintaining it.
>
> - fuzzie

Unmaintained code could also be removed from the tree like we did with Igor
and M4. Noone is actually burdened with maintenance of anything.

I case of Kyra this is theoretic anyway, since the engine is actively
maintained by LordHoto and me. The same would of course apply to the EOB
code portions.

Florian