[Scummvm-devel] Android keys / market account

marcos at unitron.com.br marcos at unitron.com.br
Thu Oct 6 12:59:47 CEST 2011

Andre, Angus and Eugene

I am a developer at an Android game company and I would like to help you (Andre) uploading ScummVM to the Android Market.

Let me give you some suggestions:

a) first of all, we you need help with the uploading process itself, I can help you with that.
We could, for example, do a skype call with shared screen so you keep all the passwords and keys but nevertheless get my help on the publishing process itself.

b) in my humble opinion, after you (Andre) publish a new version with a new key ( which should belong to scummvm.org ), Gus should
 - remove all scummvm plugins in his account from the android market
 - publish an update to org.inodes.gus.scummvm which just moves the configuration file and the savegames to Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory()/scummvm ( usually /sdcard  or /mnt/sdcard )

by the way, all androids, even the ones without an sdcard have a /sdcard ( or some other folder) which mounts to a FAT32 partition, has read write access to all apps and seems like a USB drive when plugged to any computer. This is where the savegames and configfile should be located at.

Also, although the sharedUserId option has never been used, this is actually not an issue, since the MODE_PRIVATE, MODE_WORLD_READABLE, MODE_WORLD_WRITEABLE are just normal unix permissions set when the file is created. That means the owner of the process ( org.inodes.gus.scummvm ) can issue a chmod command so that the file get's world readable. I can help you with that as well if you want ( I have the code written somewhere...)

If you want, I can write the new version of org.inodes.gus.scummvm which just move the files to the proper folder. Than I publish the code somewhere at github with GPL licence, Gus must only open the file, compile, sign and send to the android market.

If there is anything else I can do, please just write me.

I hope I can help,

Marcos Diez