[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: About Spanish Quickstart.txt

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Tue Oct 25 01:42:42 CEST 2011

Hi Team,

Currently there is one file in the git repository that use accentuated letters (the Spanish translation of the QuickStart file: "Incio rápido"). In theory the french translation should also use an accentuated letter but I was wary to do so. So I would like to get your opinion: should we avoid using accentuated letters in the file names (in which case I will rename the Spanish QuickStart file) or is it fine?

To help with the discussion I would like to mention two issues.

The first one is the one described below by the Spanish translator: the accentuated letter is not displayed correctly in the Windows installer (and Tomás clarified in a follow up email that the issue is with the 32 bit Windows installer provided by Kirben). Note that I know nothing about this installer and it might be easy to solve the issue without renaming the file in the repository.

The second issue was discussed on IRC today and is that on HFS+ volumes (I saw it on MacOS X) the file name is decomposed and this causes git to list the file twice with different names ("doc/es/Incio r\303\241pido" and "doc/es/Incio ra\314\201pido", the second one being flagged as untracked). This is not critical since it does not prevent working with the file but it is a bit annoying to always have one file listed as untracked by git. And I guess other OS might have issues as well.

Thierry

Début du message réexpédié :