[Scummvm-devel] Web site: standardization of compatibility score

Arnaud Boutonné arnaud.boutonne at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:26:45 CEST 2011

Hi Team,

I mentioned in the previous mail the possibility to add the name engine next
to the game titles in the compatibility page, and I'd like to suggest
another modification, based on several discussions I already had in the past
concerning the compatibility score. Currently, the score is really
subjective, and may be misleading. We may benefit using a more standardized
method, based on objective criteria. For example, we could use :
A+ - Completable, based on original sources (currently 98%, with exceptions)
A - Completable (currently 90%-95%)
B - Completable with occasional glitches (currently 75%-80%)
C - Completable without missing features (currently 70%, with exceptions)
X - Not confirmed completable, playthrough required (currently 50%)

This is of course a suggestion, please tell your opinions!

Best regards,
Arnaud