[Scummvm-devel] Bugtracker: standardization of group names

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Fri Sep 30 06:40:48 CEST 2011

On 09/27/2011 02:06 PM, Matthew Hoops wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:58 AM, A. Milburn
> <fuzzie at users.sourceforge.net>  wrote:
>> * It will mean that people working on only a subset of the larger engines
>>   can't filter on only the games they're working on. On the other hand
>>   SF's tracker doesn't really handle groups very nicely anyway, so we end
>>   up adding the 'ITE Floppy' type prefixes to the bug summaries..
> I don't really think that's a problem except in the case of Mohawk and SCUMM ;)

Personally I think fuzzie mentions a very good point here and IMHO it
also applies to other engines supporting more than one game. It is
really annoying to search through the description line IMHO, more so
since IIRC we sometimes have games differently named (just think of
Freddy Pharkas which is sometimes called FREDDY, mostly PHARKAS and at
least once even FREDDYPHARKAS).

Anyway as fuzzie also points out the sf.net tracker really isn't much
helpful in tagging bugs with *different* tags, currently if a game bug
is backend specific, we need to have that in the description line... It
would be preferable to have a better way of just tagging the bug reports
with relevant tags, like the engine name, the game name, platform etc.

I don't really think it's worth deciding on what our group names should
be and adapting all the entries. We don't get much of a benefit there
IMHO. On the other hand looking into alternatives to the sf.net tracker
would be something which might have more benefits for us... And if we
really want consistency I would probably be for "ENGINE: Full name
(extras)".

// Johannes