[Scummvm-devel] Pseudo-3D adventure games / 360 degree panoramic adventure games

Paweł Kołodziejski aquadran at xtr.net.pl
Sat Dec 29 21:48:47 CET 2012

I just wanted to says few words as member of both projects ScummVM and ResidualVM.

Personally I would rather to see that kind engines in ResidualVM, not because I focus more on ResidualVM than ScummVM in current days, but because such engines fit into ResidualVM more naturally. In ScummVM it would be more wrapper or something forced into API, I think.
I'm a bit surprised with some arguments here, about just wrapping texture on sphere. You need wrap textures(bitmaps) on polygons(sphere or some other object), you need setup in 3D space, perspective setup and all things to needed rendering. You need also setup drawing context on the platforms. Not mention about drawing 2D objects like game objects, fonts, etc. So it's almost the same as in 2.5D engine in ResidualVM except there it's just more rendering.

And.. I'm sorry, I can not resist a question, now from ResidualVM point of view :)
Why not include in ResidualVM ? Why ScummVM should take all engines ?

Pawel