[Scummvm-devel] GSoC meta-discussion

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Tue Feb 7 21:24:28 CET 2012

Hi all,

While we're talking about GSoC tasks over in the other thread, let me make some
more random observations.

I think we should right now try to generate as many task ideas as possible;
wild, crazy and fun ones, preferably.

IDA processor plugins for some engine's scripting language? External graphical
debuggers for games? Support for entirely new games? It doesn't matter if it
might not turn into an actual task at this point.

When reading ideas, please keep an open mind. If you don't like an idea, just
ignore it. If you _do_ like an idea, speak up. If an idea gives you another
idea, or you see how to turn a random crazy idea into an actual task, perfect.

I suggest that in a few weeks, we start culling ideas that aren't going
anywhere, and fleshing out the viable ones. But we have a month, so no need to
shoot down ideas while they're still being formed.

And speaking of culling, I think we should be very strict with that in the end
(and _only_ in the end). We don't want any filler tasks in the list.

Anyway, let's have fun getting that other brainstorm thread going :-)

-Willem Jan