[Scummvm-devel] force-push

Tarek Soliman tarek-spam at zeusmail.bounceme.net
Sun Jan 29 22:28:08 CET 2012

Here is what I do before every push in order to "be careful" about what I am pushing.
I always first pass in -n to a git push (which causes the push to do nothing but report the output as if it did stuff).
This will give something like: updating master (aaaaaa..bbbbbb)
I take that range of SHA1s and run gitk on it: gitk aaaaaa..bbbbbb
I should see in that what is being added to the top of the repo.
If everything looks ok, I rerun without -n and push will be made.
--
Tarek