[Scummvm-devel] Windows experience

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Tue Jan 31 08:08:12 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:16:02AM +1100, Travis Howell wrote:
> On a side note, people need to stop complaining only after changes have
> been made to ScummVM, when there are warnings of future changes on
> devel, and more than enough time (several weeks in this case) for
> feedback on devel, before the changes were committed.

While I understand it might be annoying, there has been exactly one email
suggesting an alternative path since the change, so it really doesn't seem so
bad.

To clarify my own email further: I got the impression from your two points
"let's create a symlink" and "let's not change the actual path", that you
possibly had changed your mind about the preferred location, since I didn't
see any other strong reason for a symlink. Hence my questions and remark. If
that was a misinterpretation, sorry. It definitely wasn't intended as a
complaint about the actual location.

On the contrary: I'm very happy this change away from Program Files and the
virtual store has been realized.

-Willem Jan